- 600ml water
- 175g sugar
- 50g baobab powder
- 1 egg white
- 3 Whole Granadilla / Passion Fruit
- Mix 150ml water with the baobab powder to form a smooth paste.
- Scoop out the pulp from the granadillas, keeping the shells to use as little bowls. Mix the granadilla pulp into the baobab powder paste.
- Place the remaining water in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar slowly, then bring to the boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the syrup to the baobab powder paste a little at a time to avoid forming lumps.
- Pour into a suitable container for freezing and place in freezer until the mixture is thick and slushy.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold into the semi-frozen mixture. Return to the freezer and freeze until stiff.
- Remove sorbet from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Scoop the sorbet into the granadilla shells and serve the sorbet in the shells.