Baobab powder is a super fruit. It is eaten to boost health and vitality. The powder can be used as a health supplement and as a food ingredient. It is rich in vitamin C, calcium and magnesium. Baobab powder is an antioxidant and has prebiotic properties. It is a natural source of dietary fibres, minerals and organic acids.
Superfruit100% pure and gluten free!
HealthyRich in vitamin C, calcium and magnesium.
Nourish your bodyBoost health and vitality
How to use baobab powder
- Add a table spoon of baobab powder to a bowl of yoghurt.
- Mix a spoonful of baobab powder into a glass of milk.
- Baobab powder is a great ingredient in smoothies (see recipes for ideas)
- Use as a flavour in deserts like cheese cake or sorbet (see recipes for ideas)
- Or just eat it by the spoonful!
Baobab fruit are superfruit!
- Baobab powder is very high in vitamin C.
- It is a natural source of calcium.
- It contains magnesium, potassium and B-complex vitamins.
- Baobab powder contains dietary fibres.
- It has prebiotic properties
- The powder is an excellent antioxidant.
How we make our baobab powder
Baobab powder is the ‘pulp’ of baobab fruit. It holds the seeds in the fruit, much like the white of an apple. Baobab powder is naturally dry, not moist like apple pulp. This makes it easy to extract and package. EcoProducts baobab powder has not undergone any further refinement or processing and has no additives. We are proud to say that our powder is 100% pure.
The fruit mature during the dry season and drop off the trees when ready to harvest. People living in rural areas collect the fruit from under the trees. The fruit are transported to our processing facility. Here the fruit are cracked open and the inside powder and seed is removed. The powder is then sieved twice. The first sieving is to separate out the seeds. The second uses a very fine sieve to remove fibres. The fine creamy-coloured powder is then ready to be packed.