There’s a whole lot of reasons why Baobab Superfruit powder should be part of your culinary basic ingredients and in your kitchen cupboard – and a lot of those reasons live here!
1.Awesome and delicious recipes – all with a baobab twist – to try out and enjoy! And we’re adding new recipes all the time so there’s always something new for you to experiment with.
But the other reasons you should have baobab powder as a regular part of your larder stock is for health! Baobab fruit powder is a superfood with all sorts of health benefits.
2. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient and antioxidant found in abundance in Baobab fruit powder. Baobab powder has nearly 4 times more Vitamin C than oranges, and has one of the highest antioxidant ratings. Because Vitamin C can’t be stored in our bodies it’s necessary to consume it on a daily basis.
3. Potassium is both a mineral and an electrolyte. As a mineral it works towards maintaining healthy muscle function including the heart. As an electrolyte, it assists with conducting nerve impulses and is important for kidney health, helping to regulate the amount of water in your body, the blood pH levels, working closely with sodium to manage blood pressure. Baobab powder is an excellent source of potassium containing 6 times as much potassium as bananas.
4. Magnesium is required in over 350 essential biochemical reactions and is necessary for energy metabolism, muscle and heart function, a healthy nervous system and bone density. Magnesium plays a significant role in the prevention of diabetes and osteoporosis as well as a host of other conditions such as hypertension, chronic fatigue and insomnia. Baobab powder is an excellent source of magnesium as it contains twice as much magnesium as dark leafy greens
5. Baobab powder is particularly rich in fibre. By weight, up to 50% is dietary fibre, of which 75% is soluble fibre. Soluble fibre assists with balancing blood sugar levels and functions as a prebiotic promoting the healthy flourishing of probiotic cultures in the intestinal tract. In this way, dietary fibre serves to strengthen the immune system and optimise the healthy absorption of nutrients and transit time of foods in the gut contributing to overall digestive health.
6. Calcium is an alkaline mineral and functions to support bone and dental health, muscle movement and vital metabolic functions in the blood, nerves and cells. Baobab superfruit powder is an excellent source of calcium for children, vegans, pregnant and post-menopausal women and is possibly the richest plant-based source of calcium known, containing 1.5 times the amount of calcium found in almonds.
Photo by Candice Douglas of The Social Post
7. EcoProducts’ Baobab powder is harvested only from fallen baobab pods ensuring no harm comes to Baobab trees. Baobab powder is minimally processed so it retains all its nutritional qualities. It’s convenient to use and can be easily enjoyed mixed into drinks, smoothies, breakfast cereals, desserts and much more!