Good quality skincare products need to have the correct balance of essential fatty acids (EFA’s) Omega 3 (alpha linoleic acid) , Omega 6 (linoleic acid) and Omega 9 (Oleic acid) to maintain elasticity, skin smoothness, reduction in wrinkle depth and UV irritated redness as well as helping to keep skin moisturised and hydrated. The linoleic essential fatty acid Omega 6 (sometimes known as Vitamin F) is best known for its ability to heal, hydrate and plump skin helping the skin retain its own moisture. EFAs – especially Omega 9 – also facilitate the penetration of other active ingredients in skin care such as antioxidants because of their ability to penetrate the skin barrier.
Baobab oil contains on average 31% omega 6, 37% Omega 9 and 0.8% of Omega 3. It also contains small amounts of palmitoleic acid, which is the much lesser known Omega 7, rarely found in the plant kingdom. Omega 7 is particularly valued for restoring damaged skin.
So here are our top 7 reasons why baobab oil earns a place on your bathroom shelf. But don’t take our word for it. See what our customers have to say for themselves:
1.Baobab oil helps with burns – it’s immediately helpful for rapidly healing sunburn and redness and even for older burn effects. Read Ronnie’s testimonial.
2. Baobab oil is beneficial for reducing fine lines and wrinkles – so many of our customers feedback on their experience of the fantastic moisturising quality of baobab oil. Laura has this to say about using Baobab oil.
3. Baobab is deeply moisturising – instantly replenishing dry, cracked and dehydrated skin, the omega 9 deep-moisturises and nourishes, offering rapid absorption without clogging pores or leaving greasy feeling. The oil is also deeply moisturising and revitalising for the scalp and hair. Read Faithful-to-nature customers’ 5-star ratings of baobab oil!
4. Baobab oil soothes – it’s excellent for treating for itchy dry flaky dandruff, psoriasis and relieves the symptoms of eczema too! Here’s what one happy customer, Bianca reports on the relief she’s experienced.
6. Baobab oil is minimally processed and certified organic – EcoProducts’ Baobab oil is harvested only from fallen baobab pods ensuring no harm comes to Baobab trees. And it’s cold pressed to ensure all its beneficial properties aren’t destroyed by heat. Being certified organic means you can be sure you’re only using the purest, highest quality product on your skin and hair. Baobab oil has a natural shelf life of 2 years which is more than many plant-based oils.
7. Baobab oil plays well with other products – give your existing routine a boost by mixing a few drops of baobab oil into your regular daily moisturiser, your hair conditioner or into your bath. See what Barbara has to say about how she uses Baobab oil as part of her daily routine.